Page Title

VA Training

The VA offers flight training benefits to those who want to advance their pilot qualifications and ratings. 
     Pre-Requisite and Required Information:
You must hold a private pilots license, a current Second Class FAA medical certification for the training needed, a copy of your VA Certificate of Eligibility, a Government issued ID, Birth Certificate or current Passport. Also required is a current residential address, phone number, E-mail address and social security number. 
     Certificate of Eligibility (COE):
A certificate of eligibility will indicate what percentage of benefits you are eligible for. You will need to apply online for your COE and could take up 30 days to receive a paper copy once your application is approved. Visit the VA G.I.Bill Statement of Benefits page at https://www.va.gov/education/gi-bill/post-9-11/ch-33-benefit/ to check your benefits. If you have any additional questions visit VA ASK A QUESTION or call 1-800-698-2411.
     Post 9/11 Eligibility:
The VA considers an academic year to be from 1 Aug. to 31 Jul. and for the 2020-2021 academic period, a maximum $14378.35 for those who are approved for 100% benefits. Any reduction in that percentage will be on the pilot seeking training. The VA wil not give you more than the maximum per academic year. If you finish an advanced pilot rating early, you will not be given more funds to start another rating, you can use the remaining balance. It is advisable to start and complete training within an academic year.
     Montgomery GI Bill:
The montgomery GI Bill will pay for 60% of flight training. Again the remaining 40% needs to be paid at the time of training is done.
     Check Rides & Written Testing:
In order for the VA to reimburse you for the costs you must fill out a reimbursement form VBA-22-0803 ont he VA website. This form must be completed by you and the examiner issuing the check ride or test. You must take all receipts and the form, relating to the check ride or test along with your new airman certificate and send a copy to the appropiate VA regional office its your enrollment information to VA.. 


NEXT SAFETY MEETING:

6:00PM Thursday, July 8, 2021

at Eglin Yacht Club