- Sat, 9 Feb - Cadet Orientation Flights - Commercial pilots contact club for details and how to help (flight time paid by the club)
- Cold WX & Potential Icing Conditions are upon us. Review the cold wx operations sections of the aircraft manuals; get good wx briefings; and use engine preheater when temps are below 40deg F.
- AOPA ASF has a good Real Pilot Story "Ambushed by Ice" - 9 min video - well worth watching !
- Aircraft wash and club clean-up Sat, 12 Jan.
- NTSB Accident Report - Inst Qual'd Pilots, this is a good read - how an IMC situation can slowly turn deadly
- As a reminder, N98598 is a C-172P+. The "+" sign is our way to remind you that N98598 has a separate FAA Approved Supplement highlighting differences over a standard C-172P (Increased total gross weight, Normal and Emergency airspeed differences, and a 180hp engine). The supplement is in the aircraft forms book and has been posted on this website under the Aircraft section. Write-in changes have been made to the POH in the aircraft to reflect supplement directed changes.
NEXT SAFETY MEETING:
6:00PM Thursday, July 11, 2013
Eglin Yacht Club